2. COPYRIGHT. The United States copyright laws protect all images, text, programs, and other materials found in the Site. Any commercial use of the images, text, programs or other materials found in the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of PACPI.
3. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. While PACPI uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, PACPI makes no expressed or implied warranties or representations as to the accuracy or merchantability of the Site’s content or programming. The information on the Site is not medical advice. It is for general information and educational purposes only. Neither PACPI, nor its information contributors, can be held responsible for the accuracy of the information and everything on the Site is provided to you “as is.”
4. USER RESPONSIBILITY. The personal and/or professional use of and browsing in the Site by you, the User, are at your own risk. Neither PACPI, any of its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, The Site. PACPI also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
5. IMAGES. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or are used with permission by PACPI. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is strictly prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may be in violation of copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
6. TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively referred to as “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and common law Trademarks of PACPI or others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of PACPI or such third party that may own Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that PACPI will enforce its intellectual property right to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
7. LINKS. PACPI has not reviewed any or all of the sites linked to the Site and does not assume responsibility for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Linking to the Site, off-site pages or other sites is done at your own risk and without the permission of PACPI.
9. SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL DATA. Software and other materials from the Site may be subject to United States Export Control laws, which prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported into any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or to anyone in the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. PACPI does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from the Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export laws.
10. UPDATES AND REVISIONS. PACPI may at any time update and revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by these updates and revisions and are encouraged to therefore periodically review these Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Commitment to Privacy
Information PACPI Collects
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, nor do we collect any personal information about you at the site unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. “Personal information” is information that is unique to you and may include, but is not limited to, name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Like many other web sites, the site may at any time, in our discretion, use “cookies” or other tracking mechanisms to help us recognize you on subsequent visits to the site. A cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. You can set your browser to either notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it, or you can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies. Check with your browser manufacturer for additional details.
How PACPI Uses and Discloses the Information It Collects
If you provide us with personal information, we will only use it for the purposes for which it was collected. We will not license, transmit or disclose this information outside of PACPI unless (1) you authorize us to do so, (2) it is necessary to allow our contractors and agents to provide services to us, (3) it is necessary to provide products or services to you, or (4) it is required or permitted by law.
Users are provided with the opportunity and ability to “opt out” of either providing personal or professional information to us or receiving communications from our Partners and us. We respect your right to privacy and offer you the opportunity to browse our Site without the need to provide private information, unless specifically required.
How PACPI Protects the Information It Collects
PACPI uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software whenever receiving and transferring your personal information within the Site. We protect your personal information offline by limiting access to our database only to PACPI employees, contractors and agents. Although we have implemented these security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information, we are not responsible for damages or liability relating to any such security failures. You understand that data and communications, including e-mail and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the Internet.
How to Contact PACPI
Pediatric AIDS Chicago Prevention Initiative
200 W. Jackson Blvd, Suite 2100
Chicago, IL 60606